Sunday, October 31, 2010

Refashionista!

While surfing the interweb for new ideas and new discoveries in children's sewing I learnt about Refashioning.

One day I cut the legs off a pair of my horrible old jeans that were covered in paint as It was far too hot to wear them otherwise. I was almost going to throw out the scraps of denim when I realised there were large patches of denim without pain splatters on them and decided to see if I could get enough scraps to make Aimee a skirt.

Here is the result!






I made the band out of a super stretched t-shirt my partner would never wear and made the flower to cover a small patch of black pain splatter.

I'm quite pleased with the result and though it's not very fancy, I'm proud that I used stuff I already had to make it and I made it without a pattern!

I got the idea for making this skirt after seeing this tutorial Homemade by Jill's Guest post on Kokodesigns

Happy Sewing everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Love the name adelaide and love your skirt!!!
    Would you please add it to our flickr group??? http://www.flickr.com/groups/kojodesigns/
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Adelaide is a great name for a city. And a pretty name for a girl too I think ^_^

    I'll add the skirt to your group now ^_^\

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete