Sunday, October 31, 2010

Inspiration

So i've found this thing I'm good at, and it makes me so happy.

It's sewing of course. My Mother in law first introduced me to sewing when she helped me make my own costume for a Medieval Festival. With patience and a gentle hand she leant me her sewing machine and guided me through the pattern, helping me create my very first piece.



When I was done I was really quite amazed that I had finished it, that it fit and that it actually looked really good!!

But I was quite over the whole process, it was complicated, and seemed to take forever. So I didn't really do anything else for a while.

When I found out I was pregnant, my head filled with dreams of dressing my child in my very own handmade clothes. I had bought a very nice Brother sewing machine on special a year earlier but it had only been used a handful of times and more often than not gathered dust in a cupboard.

I was reluctant to sew anything during my pregnancy, as it seemed a little scary and I didn't really know where to start. I didn't know what the gender of my child was going to be so I did nothing.

Then...



My little Aimee was born and she granted me the inspiration and courage to give it a go.

This blog our story of my adventures in sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment